Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
Entry Level: $13.09/hr
Growth for Construction Laborers
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Construction Laborers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Commercial and Institutional Building Construction ||212||10.7%||17.5%
|All Other Specialty Trade Contractors||231||8.8%||25.6%
|Site Preparation Contractors ||228||8.7%||25.6%
|Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors||123||4.7%||3.9%
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications