Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh nonagricultural raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
Entry Level: $13.44/hr
Growth for Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Temporary Help Services||106||5.5%||1.5%
|Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||91||4.7%||3.5%
|Machine Shops ||76||4%||3.4%
|Special Die and Tool, Die Set, Jig, and Fixture Manufacturing||76||3.9%||2.5%
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using -measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Read blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.