Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor. Includes all manual laborers not elsewhere classified.
Entry Level: $10.21/hr
Growth for Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Temporary Help Services||1,397||17.6%||19.3%
|General Warehousing and Storage||904||11.4%||31.1%
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||745||9.4%||43.7%
|General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload||156||2%||10.2%
|General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload||142||1.8%||9.1%
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.