First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material Moving Workers, Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of transportation and material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
Entry Level: $20.30/hr
Growth for First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material Moving Workers, Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019 - 2030)||% Change (2019 - 2030)
Industries Employing First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material Moving Workers, Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|General Warehousing and Storage||94||11.5%||3.2%
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||67||8.2%||3.9%
|General Freight Trucking, Excluding Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload||39||4.8%||2.6%
|Local Government, Excluding Education and Hospitals||38||4.7%||.2%
|General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload||34||4.2%||2.2%
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations or production goals.
- Direct workers in transportation or related services, such as pumping, moving, storing, or loading or unloading of materials or people.
- Review orders, production schedules, blueprints, or shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations.
- Inspect or test materials, stock, vehicles, equipment, or facilities to ensure that they are safe, free of defects, and consistent with specifications.