Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Entry Level: $32.89/hr
Growth for Database Administrators
|Jobs 2019||Jobs 2030||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Database Administrators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Computer Systems Design Services||32||11.9%||0.7%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||20||7.3%||0.4%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||19||6.9%||0.7%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||17||6.5%||0.5%
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.