Computer Systems Analysts
Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Entry Level: $30.82/hr
Growth for Computer Systems Analysts
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Computer Systems Analysts
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Computer Systems Design Services||544||21.4%||12.2%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||312||12.3%||12.2%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||176||6.9%||3.5%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||152||6%||4.5%
|Computer Facilities Management Services||115||4.5%||12.3%
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.