Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients. Includes nursing care attendants, nursing aides, and nursing attendants.
Entry Level: $11.35/hr
Growth for Nursing Assistants
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Nursing Assistants
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Nursing Care Facilities (Skilled Nursing Facilities)||2,360||46.8%||34.8%
|General Medical and Surgical Hospitals||1,212||22.2%||6.2%
|Home Health Care Services||678||7.5%||6.8%
|Continuing Care Retirement Communities||211||4.2%||19%
|Federal Government, Civilian, Excluding Postal Service||148||2.9%||0.8%
- Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients’ needs.
- Turn or reposition bedridden patients.
- Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising.
- Review patients’ dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
- Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.