Loan Interviewers and Clerks
Interview loan applicants to elicit information; investigate applicants’ backgrounds and verify references; prepare loan request papers; and forward findings, reports, and documents to appraisal department. Review loan papers to ensure completeness, and complete transactions between loan establishment, borrowers, and sellers upon approval of loan.
Entry Level: $13.61/hr
Growth for Loan Interviewers and Clerks
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019 - 2030)||% Change (2019 - 2030)
Industries Employing Loan Interviewers and Clerks
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Real Estate Credit||669||40.7%||38.9%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices||136||8.3%||2.7%
|Credit Card Issuing||129||7.9%||9.9%
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- Submit loan applications with recommendation for underwriting approval.
- Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of applications.