Insurance Sales Agents
Sell life, property, casualty, health, automotive, or other types of insurance. May refer clients to independent brokers, work as an independent broker, or be employed by an insurance company.
Entry Level: $18.92/hr
Growth for Insurance Sales Agents
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019 - 2030)||% Change (2019 - 2030)
Industries Employing Insurance Sales Agents
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Insurance Agencies and Brokerages||937||65.2%||47.3%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||257||17.9%||7.5%
|Direct Life Insurance Carriers||98||6.9%||24.10%
|Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers||65||4.5%||23.1%
|Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds||16||1.1%||6.7%
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance, or specialized policies, such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Explain features, advantages, and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.