Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
Process new insurance policies, modifications to existing policies, and claims forms. Obtain information from policyholders to verify the accuracy and completeness of information on claims forms, applications and related documents, and company records. Update existing policies and company records to reflect changes requested by policyholders and insurance company representatives.
Entry Level: $14.57/hr
Growth for Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019 - 2030)||% Change (2019 - 2030)
Industries Employing Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||267||42%||7.8%
|Insurance Agencies and Brokerages||169||26.5%||8.5%
|Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers||33||5.2%||11.7%
|Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds||30||4.7%||12.6%
|Direct Life Insurance Carriers||21||3.3%||5.2%
- Enter claims information into database systems.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them of account status or changes.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.