First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
Entry Level: $21.10/hr
Growth for First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Special Die and Tool, Die Set, Jig, and Fixture Manufacturing ||105||6.3%||3.3%
|All Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||83||5%||3.3%
|All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing||60||3.6%||3.6%
|Pottery, Ceramics, and Plumbing Fixture Manufacturing||54||3.3%||4.7%
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.