Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical Assemblers
Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries. Assemble or modify electromechanical equipment or devices, such as servomechanisms, gyros, dynamometers, magnetic drums, tape drives, brakes, control linkage, actuators, and appliances.
Entry Level: $12.92/hr
Growth for Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Assemblers
|2018 Jobs||2029 Jobs||Change (2018-2029)||% Change (2018-2029)
Industries Employing Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Assemblers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|Motor and Generator Manufacturing||123||12%||21.8%
|Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||81||7.9%||3.3%
|Other Electronic Component Manufacturing||72||7%||16.9%
|Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic) Assembly Manufacturing||59||5.8%||16.9%
|All Other Miscellaneous Electrical Equipment and Component Manufacturing||57||5.5%||18.4%
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Position, align, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.