Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location.
Entry Level: $14.10/hr
Growth for Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|General Warehousing and Storage||439||29.9%||15.1%
|Temporary Help Services||139||9.5%||1.9%
|Glass Product Manufacturing Made of Purchased Glass||46||3.1%||2.1%
|Frozen Specialty Food Manufacturing||35||2.4%||4.1%
|Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||28||1.9%||1.1%
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight or other production data on tags or labels.