Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location.
Entry Level: $13.43/hr
Growth for Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|General Warehousing and Storage||265||28.6%||8.6%
|Temporary Help Services||98||10.6%||1.3%
|Frozen Specialty Food Manufacturing||27||2.9%||3.4%
|Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||19||2%||0.8%
|Pottery, Ceramics, and Plumbing Fixture Manufacturing||17||1.9%||1.5%
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight or other production data on tags or labels.