Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Entry Level: $32.90/hr
Growth for Database Administrators
|Jobs 2018||Jobs 2029||Change (2018-2029)||% Change (2018-2029)
Industries Employing Database Administrators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|Computer Systems Design Services||28||11.7%||0.7%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||15||6.4%||0.6%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||15||6.1%||0.3%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||15||6.1%||0.5%
|Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals||12||4.8%||0.6%
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.