Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Entry Level: $31.50/hr
Growth for Database Administrators
|Jobs 2017||Jobs 2028||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Database Administrators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Computer Systems Design Services||36||12%||0.9%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||19||6.4%||0.9%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||19||6.4%||0.4%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||17||5.7%||0.6%
|Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals||15||5%||0.7%
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.