Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Entry Level: $16.32/hr
Growth for Dental Assistants
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Dental Assistants
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Offices of Dentists||645||85.1%||26.3%
|Federal Government, Civilian, Excluding Postal Service||30||3.9%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools ||24||3.2%||0.3%
|Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)||20||2.6%||0.2%
|All Other Outpatient Care Centers||<10||0.2%||0.6%
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental diagnostic X-rays.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.