Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Entry Level: $16.32/hr
Growth for Dental Assistants
|2018 Jobs||2029 Jobs||Change (2018-2029)||% Change (2018-2029)
Industries Employing Dental Assistants
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|Offices of Dentists||683||83.9%||28%
|Federal Government, Civilian, Excluding Postal Service||36||4.4%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools ||29||3.5%||0.3%
|Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)||19||2.4%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools (State Government)||10||1.3%||0.2%
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental diagnostic X-rays.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.