Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Entry Level: $15.85/hr
Growth for Dental Assistants
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Dental Assistants
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Offices of Dentists||632||85.9%||26%
|Federal Government, Civilian, Excluding Postal Service||33||4.4%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools ||22||2.9%||0.3%
|Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)||17||2.3%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools (State Government)||<10||1.1%||0.2%
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental diagnostic X-rays.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.