Training and Development Specialists
Design and conduct training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance. May analyze training needs.
Entry Level: $20.07/hr
Growth for Training and Development Specialists
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Training and Development Specialists
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||43||6.4%||0.8%
|Local Government, Excluding Education and Hospitals||30||4.4%||0.2%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||27||4.1%||1%
|Computer System Design Services||27||4.1%||0.7%
|General Medical and Surgical Hospitals||27||4%||0.1%
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
- Design, plan, organize, or direct orientation and training programs for employees or customers.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.