Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
Entry Level: $13.68/hr
Growth for Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
|2018 Jobs||2029 Jobs||Change (2018 - 2029)||% Change (2018 - 2029)
Industries Employing Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools||861||13.7%||9.5%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools (State Government)||403||6.4%||8.1%
|Elementary and Secondary Schools (Local Government)||369||5.9%||2.2%
|Local Government, Excluding Education and Hospitals||207||4.9%||1.9%
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.