Industrial Production Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
Entry Level: $36.52/hr
Growth for Industrial Production Managers
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Industrial Production Managers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Special Die and Tool, Die Set, Jig, and Fixture Manufacturing ||36||6.2%||1.1%
|Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||34||5.8%||1.4%
|All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing ||22||3.8%||1.3%
|Pottery, Ceramics, and Plumbing Fixture Manufacturing ||19||3.3%||1.7%
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, or marketing activities of industrial organizations.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.