Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
Entry Level: $11.48/hr
Growth for Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Motor and Generator Manufacturing||112||12.5%||21.5%
|Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing||70||7.8%||2.8%
|Other Electronic Component Manufacturing||65||7.2%||15.5%
|Temporary Help Services||60||6.7%||0.8%
|Computer Terminal and Other Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing||57||6.4%||8.4%
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Position, align, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.