Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages. May load and unload vehicle.
Entry Level: $9.81/hr
Growth for Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019-2030)||% Change (2019-2030)
Industries Employing Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||536||19.1%||31.5%
|Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores||161||5.7%||14.3%
|Motor Vehicle Supplies and New Parts Merchant Wholesalers||87||3.1%||10.5%
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.