Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages. May load and unload vehicle.
Entry Level: $10.48/hr
Growth for Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||399||19.1%||26.5%
|Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores||117||5.6%||10.3%
|General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload ||51||2.4%||8.1%
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.