Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor. Includes all manual laborers not elsewhere classified.
Entry Level: $10.03/hr
Growth for Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
|2017 Jobs||2028 Jobs||Change (2018-2028)||% Change (2018-2028)
Industries Employing Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2017)||% of Occupation in Industry (2017)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2017)
|Temporary Help Services||1,432||17.6%||18.3%
|General Warehousing and Storage||1,005||12.4%||32.5%
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||732||9%||48.6%
|Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters||132||1.6%||2.8%
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.