Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor. Includes all manual laborers not elsewhere classified.
Entry Level: $10.25/hr
Growth for Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
|2018 Jobs||2029 Jobs||Change (2018-2029)||% Change (2018-2029)
Industries Employing Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|Temporary Help Services||1,374||17.7%||18.6%
|General Warehousing and Storage||863||11.1%||28%
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||737||9.5%||46.1%
|Scheduled Passenger Air Transportation||165||2.1%||19.7%
|Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters||149||1.9%||3.2%
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.