First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material Moving Workers, Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of transportation and material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
Entry Level: $18.56/hr
Growth for First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material Moving Workers, Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
|2018 Jobs||2029 Jobs||Change (2018 - 2029)||% Change (2018 - 2029)
Industries Employing First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material Moving Workers, Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|General Warehousing and Storage||102||12.2%||3.3%
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||62||7,5%||3.9%
|General Freight Trucking, Excluding Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload||38||4.6%||2.6%
|Local Government, Excluding Education and Hospitals||38||4.6%||.2%
|General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload||33||3.9%||2.2%
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations or production goals.
- Direct workers in transportation or related services, such as pumping, moving, storing, or loading or unloading of materials or people.
- Review orders, production schedules, blueprints, or shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations.
- Inspect or test materials, stock, vehicles, equipment, or facilities to ensure that they are safe, free of defects, and consistent with specifications.