Computer User Support Specialists
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Entry Level: $17.73/hr
Growth for Computer User Support Specialists
|2018 Jobs||2029 Jobs||Change (2018-2029)||% Change (2018-2029)
Industries Employing Computer User Support Specialists
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2018)||% of Occupation in Industry (2018)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2018)
|Computer Systems Design Services||285||14.9%||6.7%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools||165||8.6%||1.8%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||160||8.3%||6.8%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools (State Government)||106||5.5%||2.1%
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.