Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks
Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Entry Level: $15.59/hr
Growth for Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
|2019 Jobs||2030 Jobs||Change (2019 - 2030)||% Change (2019 - 2030)
Industries Employing Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2019)||% of Occupation in Industry (2019)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2019)
|Local Government, Excluding Education Hospitals||154||4.2%||1%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices||148||4%||2.9%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools||137||3.7%||1.5%
|Federal Government, Civilian, Excluding Postal Service||127||3.5%||0.7%
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.